Attendance Calculators: Elementary and Middle School, ASSETs and a video tutorial
Access the Grantee Orientation videos HERE!
In collaboration with the California Department of Education's Expanded Learning Division (CDE-EXLD), the California Afterschool Network has created a series of videos to help Expanded Learning grantee staff strengthen their knowledge and understanding in the following content areas:
- Grants 101
- The Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California
- Continuous Quality Improvement
Federal Program MonitoringHow to use the Grantee Orientation videos:
In conjunction with the Grantee Orientation videos, CAN has created activity outlines and materials for Expanded Learning professionals to use to facilitate internal training and professional development with their staff. The videos can be used for program quality improvement planning, watched over a series of weeks, used as part of an on-boarding process or even as a refresher at the end of the year! Grants 101The Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in CaliforniaContinuous Quality ImprovementFederal Program Monitoring
Campaign for Quality Videos
The California Afterschool Network is proud to announce a series of videos that highlight each of the 11 sections of the Quality Self-Assessment Tool (QSA Tool) and the 5 sections of the High School Quality Self-Assessment Rubric. Each of the 3-5 minute videos is designed to start meaningful conversations with your after school program’s stakeholders on program quality and to start a plan for continuous improvement.
View the videos now!
Ideas on how to use the Campaign for Quality Videos to start meaningful conversations around program quality:
- Play one of the videos at each of your site's meetings
- Show the videos to your school Principal or to teachers at school staff meetings
- Start your staff professional development trainings with a video as an icebreaker
- Have classroom check-in meetings with your students by using the videos to get your students' feedback on your program.
Expanded Learning Quality Standards in Action Videos