Script are not enabled
Department of Education
These Early Learning Specialists are increasing the capacity in their community to offer services to children ages 0-5 and their families. They are working with local preschool providers to improve the children’s school readiness by aligning curriculum and connecting centers with parent education, health and social services providers.
Each school district offers early learning services to young children and their families. These services vary by district and may include: Preschool, parent and child classes in early literacy and math, speech intervention, social/emotional development, free books, readiness materials, and at-home activities. Please click the link below for a roster and contact information for the ELS at each of Orange County's school districts.
CFCOC ELS Roster.pdf
T TA Expenditure Pre-Approval Form.doc
T & TA Expenditure Claim Form.pdf
For more information on the Local School Readiness Initiative, please contact Cinda Muckenthaler, School Readiness Program Manager, by email at email@example.com
SRN services Include screening children, ages 0-5, in 7 different health areas: Vision, Hearing, Ht/Wt/BMI, Dental, Health Status, Developmental, Immunizations
· Providing referrals and follow-up
· Screening children for health insurance and primary health provider
· Providing health education classes to children, parents, and preschool staff
· Providing education on nutrition and physical exercise
· Providing outreach services to teen moms, foster children, and 0-5 homeless
· Identifying children with special needs in the community