The Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Multilingual Consortium is a professional network to support high quality translation and interpretation services in Orange County schools. Language serves as a bridge between cultures as much as a tool for communication. In the 21st century we are facing a change in our educational system, including multilingual classrooms preparing students to be college and career ready. The OCDE Multilingual Consortium is open to all school districts in Orange County. The group serves as both a repository distribution point for language resources as well as a collective of expertise in the field.
- Develop a county-wide directory of translators by language
- Identify language translation and interpretation needs across the county
- Facilitate communication and networking across districts to support effective and consistent translation and interpretation throughout the county
- Gather, develop, and distribute language resources
We encourage you to invite your district’s translators/interpreters to attend Consortium meetings on a monthly basis.
2017-2018 Multilingual Consortium Meeting Schedule
For more information, please contact Natalia Abarca at (714) 966-4437 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PowerPoints presented at each meeting. Each school year will open a menu of meeting PowerPoints from that year.
- 2016-2017 PowerPoints ( please active link and add accurate PPTs)
- 2015-2016 PowerPoints
- 2014-2015 PowerPoints ( please active link and add accurate PPTs)
Follow us on Twitter