What is ERWC?
Students successfully completing the modules develop skills, knowledge, processes, and dispositions in the following areas of academic literacy: reading rhetorically, writing rhetorically, listening and speaking rhetorically, and habits of mind. The modules are aligned with the CA State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy (CCSS for ELA/Literacy).
To learn more about ERWC, click here to download the ERWC Q and A.pdf.
Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) Multi-Day Training Series:
This professional development training will help teachers prepare students to meet college and university expectations. Teachers will learn the what and why about ERWC.
To view all available ERWC classes, click here.
ERWC/High School Four-Day Training
Day 1: March 10, 2020
Day 2: March 11, 2020
Day 3: May 11, 2020
Day 4: May 12, 2020
Click here to register
How do I register for a training?
- Chris Street - CSUF Professor of Secondary Education
- Karin Foster - OCDE Language and Literacy Coordinator
- Jennifer Beall - OCDE ERWC Facilitator
- David Cagley - Fullerton Union High School Teacher
- Christy Jimenez - Buena Park High School Teacher
- Kimberly Moore - Westminster High School Teacher
- Tyler Shelley - Yorba Linda High School Teacher