A well-designed survey can be a powerful tool. Over the years, our office has encountered programs that have data needs outside of a comprehensive evaluation or research study. For this reason, our office provides services to our educational partners from support with developing appropriate survey questions to data collection and reporting as needed.
EADC office also provides à la cart services support on qualitative data collection (focus groups, interviews, observations, journals, photo essays, etc.). Qualitative data is often used by programs to tell the "story behind the numbers" and to help make sense of quantitative data results.
Upon request, the EADC office will provide supports for design, data collection, and reporting of qualitative data
Survey Design and Qualitative Data Collection Services
- Consultation (first 2 hours free)
- Identifying objectives of data collection.
- Determine the format of data collection.
- Designing the measurement tool
- Writing high-quality survey questions based on the objectives.
- Developing qualitative collection guides and protocols.
- Coordinating data collection
- Survey distribution and administration.
- Interview/focus group facilitation.
- Conducting observations, photo essays, etc.
- Data cleaning/transcribing
- Data analysis and reporting (quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods)