Join Inside the Outdoors for Summer Camp! Experience unique activities that incorporate science, fun, learning and leadership.
Dates and Locations
Summer Day Camp at Rancho Soñado
- June 24 to 28, 2019 - Biggest, Brightest, Best Week Ever
Summer Day Camp at Shipley Nature Center
- July 8 to 12, 2019 - Biggest, Brightest, Best Week Ever
- July 15 to 19, 2019 - Outdoor Superstars
- July 22 to 26, 2019 - Get Your Scientist On!
- July 29 to August 2, 2019 - Water Week
Summer Day Camp at Irvine Regional Park
- August 5 to 9, 2019 - Scales, Feathers, and Fur
Forms and Camp Details
Camp Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Extended Camp Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
Programs and Fees
- Summer Camp (6 to 11 years old) - $210 per camper
- Youth Leadership Camp (12 to 16 years old) - $210 per camper - This program has been designed to help build leadership skills so your camper can be the Naturalist of tomorrow!
- Junior Naturalist (16 to 18 years old) - $110 per camper (service credit can be obtained for this role)
- Extended Camp - $75 per camper
We do not offer a sibling discount.
Foundation Member Discount
Current Inside the Outdoors Foundation Family Members receive $15.00 off each week of camp and $5.00 off of extended camp. Annual family membership must be current to receive this discount. Become a member today!
Limited Camperships are available for the summer of 2019 and cover $100.00 of the weekly camp fee. Camperships are based on financial need. Download an application.
Description of Weekly Themes
|Biggest, Brightest, Best Week Ever||This week will celebrate all the "-est" of our natural world. Summer Campers will learn about the fastest, tallest, slimiest, and most unique parts of our natural world through games, activities, and crafts.|
|Outdoor Superstars||This week will be all about skills that will make your time in the outdoors the best it can be. We will learn navigation and survival skills, make tools to help us learn and enjoy the outdoors. Summer Campers will learn to Leave No Trace but footprints and take nothing by memories.|
|Get Your Scientist On!||Explore what it's like to be a scientist in different fields like Biologist, Engineer, and Meteorologist with games, crafts, experiments, and outdoor fun. Summer Campers will conduct hands-on experiments, collect data, and make observations as they become Junior Scientists.|
|Water Week||This week we will dive into the world of water with games, science, and exploration of the wet stuff we can't live without. Summer Campers will stay cool in the hot summer days while we explore the "What About Water" all around us.|
|Scales, Feathers, and Fur||This week is all about animals. We will meet animals, observe them, and celebrate all their adaptations and habitats. Campers will hike the local trails, explore the OC Zoo, meet some local species up close and personal, and take an OC Safari train ride.|