Services to Board Members
• Networking and communication on critical issues impacting public education
• Recognition of meritorious service and outstanding "boardmanship" through the
"Marian Bergenson Award" established in 1974.
• Recognition of exemplary leadership in addressing the needs of young people through the
"Maureen DiMarco Award" established in 1993.
Educational Topics Central (ETC) Meeting
ETC meetings are facilitated by an OCSBA appointed chairperson. Its purposes are to:
• Inform and alert board members to pending legislation affecting education
• Coordinate efforts to enhance local control
• Promote quality education for students
• Ensure adequate financial support for public schools
ETC meetings are open to all OCSBA members and school administrators. This meeting occurs 30 minutes prior to the dinner meetings.
Three Dinner Meetings Annually
OCSBA hosts three dinner meetings a year, two of which are co-sponsored with the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) Region XVII featuring outstanding speakers from the educational, governmental, and business communities.
OCSBA also hosts two to three seminars a year regarding the state budget and other pressing issues in school finance.